Tuesday 21 April 2009

Making Impossible Possible!!!

Once upon a time, not very long ago, there was a girl, unmarried, who led a very carefree life. After the graduation, she dreaded the very thought of getting married and managing household chores. Well, that girl is none other than myself. Whenever we had guests at our place, I have seen my mum work hard in the kitchen. I thought, one day I would be doing this.

After work, there had never been time to enter the kitchen. There used to be yummy delicious food served on the dining table, not to mention the tantrums we threw when we did not get our favourites. "Wait till you get married", mum used to retort!

It's only after my marriage got fixed, I finally decided to enter the kitchen and learned to make biriyani and sambhar! Yes, that's right. I did not know anything else!

I remember I was too scared to break an egg and it was my husband who taught me how to break one! Every sphere of life is a learning experience. That's my motto when I make a disastrous dish for dinner. My husband is very supportive and honest to the core. When he says he liked it, I consider it to be a success; if not, better luck next time!

One of the tasks I considered impossible is cooking! Well, it's not a herculean task when you have time and interest. Two years back, I dare not even think about cooking for around 30 people and yet, today I made it happen. I know it's a tiny weeny task but I do consider it to be one of my achievements!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Anu your thoughts mirror mine.I thought the same too and yes i did struggle the first few weeks.Now i feel I've come a little way ahead but ofcourse "There are miles to go before I sleep,miles to go before I sleep".A supportive husband is definitely a feather in the one's cap and I'm thankful for that too..And yes i have no idea when I will be able to make food for 30 people.Hope that day comes soon.:)

    ReplyDelete