Saturday 19 December 2009

She wrote...

It's been five years. Those words are still imprinted in my heart. Neither do I know the person who wrote the letter nor the recipient personally. But that one rendezvous was enough to evoke their emotions and feeling of helplessness in me. We at times take life for granted, complaining at the life's most trivial matters.

The recipient in this context is a mother of two, a son and daughter, who is paralysed and bedridden. She pointed this letter to me and asked me to read it for her. It was written by her daughter. She wrote....

Dear Mother,

Hope you are fine. I'm keeping well. Thinking about you all the time. Now doing my second year in Architecture. Life in hostel is good. I have many friends here. The subjects are difficult to study. I remember those days when I was a kid and you used to teach me. I really miss you.

Mother, as soon as I finish my studies, I will look for a job here. After I settle, I will bring you here to stay with me. I will look after you. I hope that day will come soon.

I'm enclosing a photograph of mine taken with friends.
Forever yours.

The letter was quite long but the above words are those which I remember clearly. Remember it because I nearly choked on those simple yet intense words. After years when I look back, I just hope and pray that she has kept her promise and the winds of change never blew her way.

No comments:

Post a Comment